- CSU ATI Accessibility Requirements
- CSU ATI Accessibility Requirements Section C
Web pages shall be designed so that all information conveyed with color is also available without color, for example from context or markup.
- G18 Ensuring that a contrast ratio of at least 4.5:...
The objective of this technique is to make sure that users can read text that is presented over a background. For Success Criterion 1.4.3, this technique describes the minimum contrast ratio for text that is less than 18 point (if not bold) and less than 14 point (if bold). For Success Criterion 1.4.5, this technique relaxes the 7:1 contrast ratio requirement for text that is at least 18 point (if not bold) or at least 14 point (if bold).
If the background is a solid color (or all black or all white) then the relative luminance of the text can be maintained by making sure that each of the text letters have 4.5:1 contrast ratio with the background.
If the background or the letters vary in relative luminance (or are patterned) then the background around the letters can be chosen or shaded so that the letters maintain a 4.5:1 contrast ratio with the background behind them even if they do not have that contrast ratio with the entire background.
The contrast ratio can sometimes be maintained by changing the relative luminance of the letters as the relative luminance of the background changes across the page.
Another method is to provide a halo around the text that provides the necessary contrast ratio if the background image or color would not normally be sufficiently different in relative luminance.
- Content has invalid contrast ratio
- Line 77, column 76, SPAN element
- Line 182, column 70, SPAN element
- Line 189, column 70, SPAN element
- Line 196, column 70, SPAN element
- Line 203, column 70, SPAN element
- Line 210, column 70, SPAN element
- CSU ATI Accessibility Requirements Section I
- CSU ATI Accessibility Requirements Section M
When a web page requires that an applet, plug-in or other application be present on the client system to interpret page content, the page must provide a link to a plug-in or applet that complies with §1194.21(a) through (l).
- 6.3.8a All pages that have links to files that require...
- CSU ATI Links Requirements
- 13.1.2 All Anchor elements are required not to use the...
- CSU ATI Accessibility Requirements Section G
- CSU ATI Accessibility Requirements Section H
- CSU ATI ALT Quality Requirements
- 2.1 Validate that Alternative Text is greater than ...
Short alternative text may not be valid, warn the report user if alternative text was found that is less than seven characters in length. Additionally alternative text should not be larger than 80 characters, if the alt text is greater the long description attribute should be used. This check validates that the alt attribute does not exceed 80 characters in length.
- The alternative text failed the minimum allowed characters (7) : alt = "HGH"